Pregnancy, birth, and the postpartum period are times of dynamic physical, mental, and emotional change. These are liminal moments; they carry with them unique challenges and incredible potential. Acupuncture and herbs can be safe and gentle tools to help navigate this experience. They can help relieve many of the discomforts commonly associated with pregnancy such as morning sickness, fatigue, body pain, and emotional ups and downs. During late pregnancy, acupuncture is used to help prepare the body for a healthy labor. Acupuncture and herbs during the postpartum period promote healing, reduce pain and swelling, balance hormones, and promote lactation. Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine can be used during both pregnancy and postpartum to help relieve stress, balance changes in mood, and assist with anxiety and depression.
What we commonly treat in the clinic:
- Morning sickness, nausea, heartburn
- Sleep disruption, fatigue, low energy
- Body pain and tightness – round ligament pain, pelvic/ribside/low back pain
- Headaches, migraines
- Constipation, diarrhea, bloating
- Edema and swelling
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Labor preparation
- Postpartum healing from vaginal and cesarean births
- Milk supply, lactation and nipple issues
- Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders (PMADS): depression and anxiety during pregnancy and postpartum
- Stress and mood imbalances
Please contact us for more information.